How can I start staking?
Staking should begin automatically under most circumstances, but if you are experiencing issues check that the following conditions are met:
- Chain must be synced, not importing or reindexing.
- Chain tip’s timestamp must be past a certain time (was many many months ago).
- Must have active connections.
- Wallet must be unlocked (unencrypted wallets are always considered unlocked). If your wallet is encrypted then you will need to unlock it
- Must have at least 1000 mintable coins (aka mature coins, with at least 6 confirmations – confirmations can be checked by mousing-over transactions).
- Must have more coins than reserve balance (reservebalance default is 0).
- Masternode additional data must be synced.
You can check the status of these conditions in the command-line interface or using Tools -> Debug Console with the command getstakingstatus
Staking can sometimes take up to 30 minutes to begin working even after conditions are met.
If all conditions are met but staking does not begin after some hours, restart the wallet.