[Sticky] How to troubleshoot staking activation
My wallet is running, but staking does not appear to be active. In the guapcoin-qt (graphical/GUI) wallet I do not see the gold arrow at the bottom or in guapcoin-cli (command line/CLI) getinfo says staking is not active.
- As a first step, please verify that you meet all staking conditions on this page. Condition number 5 is a common reason for staking being inactive. Waiting for your coins to mature takes 6 blocks (~6 minutes). During this time your GUI wallet may show that part of your balance as immature (see image below). Immature coins do not stake.
- If your wallet meets all of these conditions and staking is not active, try the getstakingstatus command:
For a GUI wallet, open Tools > Debug Console. Then input the command getstakingstatus
For a CLI wallet, enter guapcoin-cli getstakingstatus
You should see an output similar to the one below that shows your compliance with several staking conditions. If any of these are false, it should narrow down the issue.
"validtime" : true, "haveconnections" : true, "walletunlocked" : true, "mintablecoins" : true, "enoughcoins" : true, "mnsync" : true, "staking status" : true
- If steps 1 and 2 above are unsuccessful, try the following:
- Gracefully shutdown your guapcoin wallet (File -> Exit or ./guapcoin-cli stop).
- Wait 30 seconds and then restart the wallet.
- Wait 5 minutes and then unlock your wallet for staking.
- If the step 3 restart above is also unsuccessful, try re-indexing your wallet:
- In your GUAP Wallet software, go to Tools -> Wallet Repair
- Run the 'Rebuild index' command (-reindex).